I’m getting this in at the very last moment!
Plugging along word count-wise on Unfavorable. This puppy needs to be done this weekend so that Sarah can proofread it next week and then I can send it to a couple of betas.
I wrote 1500 words yesterday and then spent the day today rearranging the scenes and writing a new one. My chronology was all off and I had characters explaining why things hadn’t happened yet instead of just having them happen. Also, in some scenes, they have two days until an epic battle and in others, it’s one! Super annoying. So, I stopped what I was doing and made a timeline.
I’ve been writing these stories since October 2010 and when I started them, I didn’t know how many there were going to be, who all the characters were or what was going to happen from one story to the next. (I had a similar experience with the Zellie books.)
Let me tell you, I’m never doing it this way again. It is way too difficult to keep track of everything. The Society School books are getting a fat stack of Post-its and some poster boarding, that’s for damn sure! The timeline is going to help me a lot with Unfavorable, but I’m not sure why I haven’t made it before! While I was perusing the stories 1-5, I also made notes of other things I’d flubbed up. More rewrites!!
Then I will have only three more scenes to write. Or two. Ugh, I can’t decide!
Obviously, none of this is really up to me.
After I made the timeline, I combed through stock photography for three hours looking for the perfect woman/man/couple to put on the Day of Sacrifice Omnibus cover. I finally found them! They are a little more naked than I’d envisioned, but they are the right combo of hair and eye color and hotness level to be Flora and Julian.
The awesome Keary Taylor is making it for me.
That’s it! I’ve been on the computer for 14 hours. I think I can stop now.